China and India are among the two fastest growing economies in the world and if they continue to prosper at current pace, both nations will soon become global economic super powers. Young work force of both countries will be playing the predominant role in this transition and this brings forward the career opportunities which will be available to individuals who possess good command over Chinese language. India shares its border with China and has bilateral trade of over $70 Billion (2017) with China and this makes learning Chinese all the more important for young graduates in the country.
Oriental languages are generally difficult to learn as they are very elaborate in nature with respect to number of alphabets and characters they constitute of. And especially Chinese is considered as the most difficult language to learn as it has the most number of alphabets among all prominent languages in the world. This fact all the more makes learning Chinese as an incredible personal accomplishment and has also created never ending shortage of Chinese proficient professionals worldwide. Young people who persist with difficulties posed by Chinese language and eventually master can pursue following career opportunities for themselves:
- Teachers: Along with Chinese proficient professionals, there is equal dearth of faculties who can teach the language to its disciples. People who are proficient in language can chose to teach the language as many leading universities and foreign language institutes in India need faculties for .
- Translators: Most of the employment generating industries deal with their vendors in China for raw materials, services or manufacturing. Companies who are part such industries like apparel manufacturing, electronics, FMCG products etc need translators who can help them translate the communication and documents which will help in communicating effectively with their Chinese counterparts.
- Professionally Qualified Professionals: Technical and management professionals with at least basic knowledge of Chinese language are required to help them conduct day to day business communication and inter corporate deals with ease.
- Interpreters: Government organizations, embassies, cultural exchange centres and foreign ministry always have acute requirement of interpreters on short as well as long term basis who can work with them during events, delegation visits, movie festivals etc.
- Multimedia Professionals: Many successful Bollywood as well as Hollywood movies are dubbed and released in Chinese language. Dubbing artists and translators with fair understanding of entertainment industry are always in great demand as movies continue serve as bridge in bringing people together.
- International Agencies: There are various international diplomatic, banking or business organizations like United Nations, World Bank, International Monetary Funds (IMF), World Economic Forum (WEF) etc who have requirement for professionals at various levels for Chinese language. This provides exciting career avenues to individuals who chose to .
provides exhaustive courses in Chinese language with proficient faculty, advanced curriculum and updated course material. Any individual who wishes to develop command over Chinese to pursue a fulfilling career can avail their courses for basic, intermediate and professional level proficiency. SIFIL is part of renowned Symbiosis International University (SIU), Pune and it offers wide range of courses in Indian as well as foreign languages at its Pune campus.